Christmas Spirit® Employment
ARE YOU READY?
- Ready to live on a beautiful Maine island, in a famous vacation resort by the sea, with all the charm of a quaint New England fishing village, nestled between the mountains of Acadia National Park and the waters of the Atlantic Ocean?
- Ready for a more enjoyable job as a Retail Sales Associate in Bar Harbor, Maine's Christmas Spirit® Shop where the customers are happy, and the staff is supportive?
- Ready for a more rewarding job, valuing you with above-average pay, and promotional opportunities?
- Ready for a more interesting job, providing personalized products and services in person, by phone, and online?
- Ready to join our team of dedicated professionals who proudly sell, build, and personalize our all-American made Christmas ornaments and other handcrafted in Maine/USA holiday items?
WE'RE READY to train and reward qualified candidates:
- Who love greeting, interacting with, and helping people in a festive retail environment.
- Who are fast learners, detail oriented, organized, self directed, and dedicated to helping our customers.
- Who have retail sales, customer service and computer skills. Good penmanship and an artistic eye are also helpful in building one-of-a-kind ornaments and printing on them.
- Who love applying their customer-oriented skills in a creative business that represents over 100 American craft artists.
- Who are eager to learn new skills as a full-time, year-round Retail Sales Associate in a career position with promotional opportunities.
OUR JOB DESCRIPTION: Christmas Spirit® Retail Sales Associates make customers feel welcome in our shop by greeting, interacting with, and helping them with their purchase. Duties include:
- Helping customers with merchandise selection, purchasing, gift boxing, shipping, and questions about our Shop and Bar Harbor.
- Building and personalizing ornaments by offering suggestions, and printing names, year, and title on them.
- Freshening and re-stocking displays and counter supplies.
- Taking phone orders, and processing Web orders.
- Assisting management with special projects, such as updating our Web Site or creating better shop displays.
OUR PAY AND BENEFITS: We offer above-average starting pay, a performance raise after initial on-the-job training, employee discounts, private parking, and promotional opportunities.
Promotional opportunities include the following pay grades with higher wages paid for greater responsibility, productivity, and contribution to sales and profits:
- Retail Sales Associate Trainee - Hourly paid entry-level position with on-the-job training for inexperienced and experienced retail personnel.
- Retail Sales Associate - Hourly paid employees who have successfully completed their on-the-job training program, are polishing basic retail skills, learning additional skills in operations and sales, and performing assigned tasks independently.
- Senior Retail Sales Associate - Hourly paid employees who have mastered retail sales, and have been assigned special projects responsibility, such as Web Site improvements.
- Assistant Manager - Hourly paid employees who have mastered retail sales and special project assignments, and are now assisting management with personnel training and supervision, operations, and sales and marketing in our Shop and on our Web Site.
- Manager - A salaried employee who has mastered retail sales, special assignments, and more, and is now supervising other employees, and assisting the owners with day-to-day operations, and sales and marketing in our Shop and on our Web Site.
READY TO TAKE ACTION? E-mail your resume or letter outlining your education, employment history, pertinent job skills, and available starting date to Pete@ChristmasSpiritShop.com, or snail mail to:
Pete Bono, Co-Owner
Christmas Spirit® Shop
PO Box 90
Bar Harbor ME 04609-0090